GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- DoULike: Fill the empty space in your heart – DoULike aims to cure loneliness by quickly connecting single men and women in big cities and rural locations.
- Spottle: Meet People, Not Profiles – The live dating game invites users to spin a virtual bottle and take part in short video chats with the singles they land on.
- There’s a New Dating Site Hoping to Set Up Affairs Between Coworkers – ‘Affair at Work’ users register their interest in a coworker by entering their Instagram handle and that person will be notified if they already have an account.
- New Astrological Dating Website 12andUs Launches to Allow Users to Better Know Themselves and Others – 12andUs combines highly personalised astrology with planetary matching to provide users with an accurate model of their traits, attitude and relationships.
- How the new dating app Birdy might revolutionise the way we date – Birdy is a personality matching app that requires users to take a personality test when signing up.